I've had food issues most of my life. I cant remember the last time I was thin. Growing up I was awkwardly big for my age, I was the tallest and although not "fat" I was built larger than most little girls my age. Now I'm in my 20s (and slightly overweight thanks to all things sweet) and I have a dairy allergy and I am gluten intolerant. I love food, but I'm starting to realize the feeling isn't quite mutual. Since transitioning to a strict gluten free diet a few months ago, I've already lost 10lbs. This blog Is the start of a new journey for me. Not just a weightloss journey, but an overall health journey. Wish me luck in this battle against cellulite and mass cravings!



LilySlim Weight loss tickers








Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Those who indulge, bulge

For my very first post I've got great news! I've reacquainted myself with the treadmill. Yesterday (since its currently 1:00am) was the first time I've been to the gym in months. I woke up knowing I was going to go, like every morning...but this time it actually happened. This time I ditched the couch and my lovely netflix subscription to spend the WHOLE day sweating. First thing in the morning I did a short 20 minute pilates workout just to get my blood (and clogged arteries) going. Then I brought out the big guns and spent 45 minutes at the gym, 20 of those minutes were faithfully dedicated to jogging (with no breaks!) and THEN afterwards I called up a friend and went on a 5 mile hike in the woods with plenty of hills. I honestly didn't expect such a good start and I'm thrilled/proud. Not in much pain at the moment but I'm sure once the shock wears off I'll be hooked up to a ventilator and on life support at the local hospital. side note: {I leave my samsung flat screen TV and 90s hip hop albums to Daniel Rooke of Sydney Australia} Can't wait to do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment